In a nutshell (see below and the Rules Page for more details):
Welcome to one of the ORIGINAL internet deathpools! And it's free to play! Make a list of ten folks sure to kick the heavenly bucket this year. BE SURE TO CHECK THE CURRENT MASTER LIST to avoid taking duplicate names and getting kicked-back picks.
Then, just submit your list! First come, first choice, and we're open all year round. And be sure to include some Alternates! See, others can and will pick the same wonderful Celeb. If you're a NEW player, this here part is for you:
**NEW MEMBERS**: YES YOU - BE SURE TO INCLUDE A BIO AND PICTURE! And everyone, PLEASE check the *Master List* first for the already claimed nearly-departed, and then create your own unique list of 10 celebrities NOT already chosen. SEE LINK BELOW FOR THE ENTRY FORM.
Finally, sit back and watch the hits roll in!
A little History and some Rules, Ribbed for Her Pleasure (check out the RULES PAGE for details):
Yes cyber sickos, this was an exclusive club. But not any more. When we flung The Ghoul Pool into cyberspace almost two decades ago we have been asked, nay begged, by some folks who wish to join. Well, we finally caved in and decided that there was room in this world for more death poolers...
First of all, ya don't get to play with the First String Majors right off the bat. Whoa, nelly. First you must be drafted into the Ghoul Pool Minor Leagues by joining the game. You get to pick TEN (10) celebrities, none of which have already picked by anyone else already, Majors or Minors. You MUST submit all your picks at once, NO trickling. If more Alternate Picks are requested, they must be submitted to us within one week of our request.
E-Brake is the keeper of the lists and will be the final arbiter as to who picked what name first. No arguments or you will be put on waivers. New members must also submit a bio and picture (existing members can update theirs anytime too). Upon receipt and review, E-Brake will create and post your bio page and SHAZZZZAM!! You're a member of the Ghoul Pool Minors.
But wait, that's not all: If, at the end of the year, you are victorious in the Minors and put all those other wanna-bes to shame, YOU get to come up to the Majors for ONE whole year. That's right, your Major League 20-celebrity list will be side by side with the likes of the Crunkadelic "E-Brake" and the Fergilicious "Luxury Woman". Imagine! Better than a year's supply of Turtle Wax, I'll tell you what.
So, in summary, here are the explicit directions to enter:
(1) Compile your unique list of TEN (10) celebrities. Use the Master List as a guide so you don't duplicate names. PLEASE include the required alternates too, just in case someone else had the same psychic flash on "David Hasselhoff" and enters him just before you do. See the "Rules Page" for more details.
(2) No Death Row inmate official executions, but if they get Dahmer'd that is fine. And here's a quick heads-up: E-Brake frowns on the submission of children, so fuggetaboutit. If in doubt about ANY pick, email and ask.
(3) Select a pseudonym. You know, a fake name, a handle, a nom de plume, an a/k/a. The more ghoulish the better!
(4) Write a bio. Not the story of your life, Tolstoy, but it should be more like an outline of your personality: where you're from, likes, dislikes, turn ons, how you found the pool, etc. We want to get an idea of what kind of sicko you really are.
(5) Add a recent, good quality photo of yourself. This is mandatory. You can be in disguise, in costume, or whatever, but it must be a real picture of you. No drawings, pets, etc. If it's not included with your picks, your list will be sent back and your picks will remain up for grabs.
(6) Finally, put all of it together on the spiffy ENTRY FORM over on the RULES page and send it on in!
Remember - when those hits start rollin' in, post it on the spiffy Forum or shoot an email to E-Brake with the required obit link (see the Rules); if you don't see a Hit credited within a week, assume we somehow missed the Big News. If you be sure to include a link to the qualifying obit, she'll be your best friend.
To make it easy-peasy to prepare your list, we have provided an alphabetical Master List:
Go to the current Master List
all pages copyright, the ghoul pool